|Application/Usage::||Voice||Interfaces/Ports::||2 X E1 WAN|
|Product Type::||Voice/WAN Interface Card||Interfaces/Ports Details::||2 X RJ-48 E1 WAN|
cisco router switch module,
cisco service module
2-Port 2nd Gen VWIC2-2MFT-G703 Router Multiflex Trunk Voice WAN Interface Card
The Cisco Second-generation 1- and 2-port T1/E1 Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Interface (MFT VWIC2s) support data and voice applications on the Cisco 1721 (data only), 1751 and 1760 Modular Access Routers, the Cisco 2600XM Multiservice Router, the Cisco 2691 Multiservice Platform, the Cisco 3662 Telco Versatile DCN Access Platform, the Cisco 3725 and 3745 Multiservice Routers, and the Cisco 1841 (data only), 2801, 2811, 2821, 2851, 3825, and 3845 Integrated Services Routers. The Cisco MFT VWIC2 combines WAN-interface-card (WIC) and voice-interface-card (VIC) functions to provide unparalleled flexibility, versatility, and investment protection through its many uses. Customers who choose to integrate data and voice in multiple steps preserve their investment in a T1/E1 WAN interface because the Cisco MFT VWIC2 cards can be reused in packet voice applications. The 2 port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 is shown below.
The Cisco MFT VWIC2 interface cards add numerous improvements over the Cisco 1- and 2-port T1/E1 Multiflex Voice/WAN Interface Cards (MFT VWICs). The MFT VWIC2 cards have an onboard slot for a Cisco MFT Dedicated Echo Cancellation (ECAN) Module (part number EC-MFT-32 or EC-MFT-64), offering an enhanced echo-cancellation capability for demanding network conditions. The T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 cards support both T1 and E1, providing additional flexibility in configuring the Cisco MFT VWIC2s for supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 for both voice and WAN applications. All MFT VWIC2 modules now include the drop-and-insert multiplexing capability, which eliminates costly external third-party channel service units/data service units (CSUs/DSUs) and drop-and-insert multiplexers. The Cisco 2-port MFT VWIC2s also can enable each port to be clocked from independent clock sources for data applications. This independent clocking capability is not supported for voice applications or with the Cisco ATM/Voice Advanced Integration Modules (part number AIM-ATM, AIM-VOICE-30, AIM-ATM-VOICE-30).
• T1/E1 data---The Cisco 1- and 2- port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 versions act as a WIC, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing), fractional E1, and E1structured G.703 applications. To simplify remote management, these MFT VWIC2 cards integrate a fully managed DSU/CSU for T1 deployments and a fully managed DSU for E1 deployments.
• E1/G.703 data---The Cisco 1- and 2- port G.703 MFT VWIC2 versions act as a WIC, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1 (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing), fractional E1, and unstructured E1 (G.703) applications. To simplify remote management, the G.703 version includes a fully managed DSU. The G.703 versions also support all the capabilities on the T1/E1 versions.
• T1/E1 packet voice---The Cisco 1- and 2- port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 (voice and WAN) versions act as a VIC, supporting packet voice applications by providing T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 connections to private branch exchanges (PBXs) and central offices, thereby enabling new services and reducing voice and fax toll charges.
• Mixed data and packet voice---The Cisco MFT VWIC2 interface cards can simultaneously support both data and voice, reducing the complexity and number of network components and facilitating a graceful migration to bandwidth-efficient packet voice.
• Mixed data and packet voice with drop and insert---The Cisco MFT VWIC2 cards can be deployed as a T1/E1 drop-and-insert multiplexer with integrated DSUs/CSUs, reducing the complexity of the network and the cost of the central-office ports by efficiently combining time-division multiplexing (TDM) voice (PBX), IP voice, and data on the same trunks. Note the Cisco 1721, 1751 and 1760 support drop and insert between two ports over a single VWIC2 card while Cisco 2800 and 3800 ISR routers supports drop and insert between two ports over a single VWIC2 card and two ports over two different VWICs.
|Product Description:||2-Port 2nd Gen Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Int. Card - G.703|
|Product Type:||Voice/WAN Interface Card|
|The Cisco 2-port G.703 (E1) Voice/Wan Interface Card provide voice and data access to the public switched telephone network (PSTN). This multiflex trunk interface card is single-port trunk interfaces for voice, data, and integrated voice and/or data applications. This E1 multiflex VWIC with G.703 support allow unstructured E1 traffic that conforms to the ITU-T G.703 standard.|
|Interfaces/Ports:||2 x E1 WAN|
|Interfaces/Ports Details:||2 x RJ-48 E1 WAN|
Media & Performance
|Data Transfer Rate:||2.05 Mbps E1 Per Port|
Management & Protocols
|Management:||MIB and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) management|
|Temperature:||32°F (0°C) to 104°F (40°C) Operating
-13°F (-25°C) to 158°F (70°C) Storage
|Humidity:||5% to 85% Non-condensing Relative Humidity Operating
5% to 95% Non-condensing Relative Humidity Non-operating
Supported Router Platforms:
Supported Network Module:
|Certifications & Standards:||
|HWIC-1DSU-T1||1-Port T1/Fractional T1 DSU/CSU WAN Interface Card|
|HWIC-1DSU-T1=||1-Port T1/Fractional T1 DSU/CSU WAN Interface Card|
|HWIC-1T||1-Port Serial WAN Interface Card|
|HWIC-1T=||1-Port Serial WAN Interface Card|
|HWIC-2A/S||2-Port Async/Sync Serial WAN Interface Card|
|HWIC-2A/S=||2-Port Async/Sync Serial WAN Interface Card|
|HWIC-2T||2-Port Serial WAN Interface Card|
|HWIC-2T=||2-Port Serial WAN Interface Card|
|HWIC-1FE||1-port 10/100 Routed Port HWIC|
|HWIC-1FE=||1-port 10/100 Routed Port HWIC|
|HWIC-2FE||Two 10/100 routed port HWIC|
|HWIC-2FE=||Two 10/100 routed port HWIC|
|HWIC-2SHDSL||2-pair G.SHDSL HWIC|
|HWIC-2SHDSL=||2-pair G.SHDSL HWIC|
|HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI||1 port channelized T1/E1 and PRI HWIC (data only)|
|HWIC-2CE1T1-PRI||2 port channelized T1/E1, and PRI HWIC (data only)|
|HWIC-4T1/E1||4 port clear channel T1/E1 HWIC|
|HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI=||1 port channelized T1/E1 and PRI HWIC (data only)|
|HWIC-2CE1T1-PRI=||2 port channelized T1/E1 and PRI HWIC (data only)|
|HWIC-4T1/E1=||4 port clear channel T1/E1 HWIC|
Contact Person: Laura