|Cable Type:||Multimode Fiber (MMF)|
optical fiber transceiver,
fiber optic module
Cisco CFP-40G-LR4 40GBASE-SR4 CFP Module
Main features of Cisco 40GBASE CFP modules include:
● Support for 40GBASE Ethernet and OTU3 standards
● Interoperability with respective industry IEEE- and/or OTU3-compliant interfaces
● Variety of interface choices for 40 Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
● Support for “pay-as-you-populate” model
● Support for digital optical monitoring (DOM)
● Support for the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature, which enables a Cisco switch or router to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco
The Cisco 40GBASE-SR4 CFP module (Figure 1) supports link lengths of up to 100m and 150m, respectively, over laser-optimized OM3 and OM4 multimode fiber cables. It enables high-bandwidth 40 Gigabit Ethernet optical links over ribbon fiber cables terminated with female MPO/MTP 12-fiber connectors. This CFP module supports IEEE 40GBASE-SR4 standard only.
Cisco CFP-40G-SR4, CFP-40G-LR4, and CFP-40G-FR modules are supported on 40 Gigabit Ethernet CFP ports of Cisco switches and routers.
The Cisco FourX module is supported on 40 Gigabit Ethernet CFP ports of Cisco switches and routers, converting them into 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ ports.
Connectors and Cabling
Connectors: 12-fiber female MPO/MTP connector (-SR4), dual SC/PC connector (-LR4 and -FR).
Note: Only connections with patch cords with PC or UPC connectors are supported. Patch cords with APC connectors are not supported. All cables and cable assemblies used must be compliant with the standards specified in the standards section.
CFP Port Cabling Specifications
Cisco CFP Module
Core Size (Microns)
Modal Bandwidth (MHz*km)***
|Cisco CFP-40G-SR4||850||Multimode fiber (MMF)||
Optical Transmit and Receive Specifications
|Product||Type||Transmit Power (dBm)*||Receive Power (dBm)*||Transmit and Receive Wavelength (nm)|
|Cisco CFP-40G-SR4||40GBASE-SR4, 4 lanes, 850 nm MMF||2.4, per lane||-7.6, per lane||2.4, per lane||-9.5, per lane||840 to 860|
Maximum outer dimensions for the CFP transceiver module are (D x W x H): 144.8 x 82 x 13.6 mm.
Cisco CFP transceiver modules typically weigh 300 grams or less.
Environmental Conditions and Power Requirements
● Operating temperature range: 0 to 70°C (32 to 158°F)
● Storage temperature range: -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F)
● Power consumption: up to 8W per 40G CFP port
● Standard warranty: 90 days.
● Extended warranty (optional): Cisco CFP modules can be covered in a Cisco SMARTnet® Service support contract for the Cisco switch or router chassis.
Contact Person: Laura